Thursday, October 31, 2013

"Narrowly Untrue" is the new black.



"'Narrowly untrue.'
Damn, that's good!"

I thought for sure National Security Director James Clapper had a lock on the 2013 Joe Isuzu Award for Creative Reality-Bending. I mean, who could top, “So I responded in what I thought was the most truthful or least untruthful manner, by saying, ‘No.’”

Apparently Greg Sargent can. In the latest entry to his Washington Post blog (which he describes as his “take from a liberal perspective), Sargent writes, “[T]he White House could have been clearer in laying the groundwork for this political argument: It wasn’t sufficient to say people who like their plans will be able to keep it, which is narrowly untrue.”

“Narrowly untrue.” Brilliant. As of this morning, the phrase gets about 300 hits on a Google search. I’ve got a feeling that its stock will sky-rocket real soon. So get yours today!

You heard it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment